Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So Small

My exams are oveerr!! Huhuhuhu! Now I have about 2 weeks left of this holiday before semester 2 starts on the 2nd of February.

I feel so liberated now, I can finally watch TV and download movies without feeling guilty. Haha. But tuning to my favourite channel, CNN, hasn't been so cheerful. I'm talking of course, about the dreadful earthquake in Haiti. Its just so so sad to see all those people dying and fighting for their lives. And what touches me more is all those doctors and volunteers that are there to help. If only I had the money, the time, the opportunity, anything..I would definitely go there and do anything I can to help. I don't understand those who have the resources and everything but just choose to be ignorant about things like these. Just watching all the horrors happening there on CNN makes me realize how insignificant my own life is. Here I am worrying about my exams and whether I'll get into LSE for my degree, when people there are dying by the thousands. People lose their families, homes, friends, everything. And yet they still have the strength to continue living. And here we are in Malaysia making a fuss about who gets to use the word Allah, torching churches and hurling insults at each other because of it. How huge our problems seem to be in comparison to those in Haiti, right? *sighs*

Wake up and smell the coffee, people. There are bigger and more important things in this world besides your own problems. Prayers for all those in Haiti, may God give each and every one of you strength and faith to continue living.


Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
What you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters, after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big, at the time
It's like a river that's so wide
It swallows you whole
While you're sittin round thinking about what you can't change
And worryin' about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count, cause you can't get it back

Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
What you've been out there searchin for forever
Is in your hands
Oh, When you figure out love is all that matters, after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

- Carrie Underwood, So Small

2 comments:

Richard said...

Hey, i like this blog. n i agree wif ur point. can i become ur fan? huhu.

It is a disaster in Haiti. the news reported thousand of ppl dying. n the survivors are fighting for food. It is an honour if I could go there to help and dispense food. n yet wat we can do is just praying for them.

The Allah issue is not even an issue if no politician mention about it. It have been used for long time in sabah n sarawak. who would care about that. only selfish malaysian care about it. intead, we wish to see wat m'sia can contribute to the world.

since some time b4, i seldom read local news anymore. its all about stupid issue n policies. the whole world may look at it as a joke. mayb this is the difference btw developing country n developed nations.

Richie

Aira Nur Ariana said...

hey, thank u so much! its good to know that there are some people interested in my writings :)

it is isn't it. its so inspiring to see these selfless people going there and help. i really wish i could go too. and its amazing to see these people being pulled out of the rubble alive after 7 days! its really a miracle.

the Allah issue, and malaysian politics in general, just sickens me so much. i wonder when we will get real leaders like barack obama to inspire our people and bring our nation out of this selfish mentality. and i haven;t bothered about local news fo a long time, except for some of those from malaysia today and all that.

thanks again richie! :)