Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Last Days

I know, I know, with the new semester approaching next Tuesday, I should be preparing myself by reading up Econs Unit 2 notes, The UK Economy, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello and my Law notes. Its not like I don't know that its gonna be a heavy semester, I do! But I wanna spend the last few days of this wonderful holiday lazing around, waking up late, and watching TV before college starts. I won't even have time for myself then. Also, my mum has finally succeeded in persuading me to read JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and that has been occupying most of my time. I've been a huge fan of all the movies since they came out almost 10 years ago now, but my mum has been a fan for a long time, ever since she has read the books even before she married my dad. I tried picking up the book a few years ago I think, but I just didn't have the patience with it. Until recently my mum's been like "Aira! You should read LOTR! You're a Literature student for God's sake! You can't get away with not reading one of the masterpieces of the twentieth century!" And I was like..fine fine, I'll give it a shot. I could get through (and even loved) Pride and Prejudice, I'm sure I can get through this. And my mum's right, I can't be studying Literature without having read LOTR.

So I'm about 1/4 through The Two Towers now, and LOTR is indeed incredible. Since I haven't finished all three books yet, and Tolkien being Tolkien, the depth and magnitude of the story would take another whole post to review. I just hope I can finish all of it by this week so that I won't get distracted when college starts next week.

Okay I have to get back to Rohan now. Gandalf is telling Theoden about the evils of Saruman. I'll write again when I've finished the books!

Hoping all of you are well. Toodles :)

P/S: As I have expected, my post regarding the 'Allah' issue did not receive any comments. Not that I perasan sangat that people actually care to read my blog, but my point is, one of my previous posts where I bitched about a guy who shouted at me received 9 very passionate comments. Enough said. But oh well, I'm sick of the whole Allah issue anyway.

No comments: