Monday, August 10, 2009

Inspiration & Jealousy

Recent developments in our nation has managed to make me sick. Not that I haven't been sick of it before, but it has increased tenfold these days, to the point where I just feel like shielding my eyes everytime my dad brings home the newspaper from his office. And he reads The Star, can you imagine what kind of junk the Malay newspapers have? Urgh. How could they. How could they take advantage of all those people who don't have the privilege of going on the Internet to seek for the truth? How could they keep spreading lies? How could they come up with stuff like the so-called '1Malaysia', and at the same time, be the primary culprits in increasing the racial gap between us? And what's with this talk of banning the Internet? Are we turning into China now? Deprive our people of knowledge and truth? Its crazy!

I know, I know, I'm outdated, but I've just been around YouTube to catch that brilliant Nazi-parody of the infamous MACC case. It was brilliant! Kudos to the genius who came up with that! The timing and subtitles were like, so cun! To those who hasn't seen in yet, you really should, I highly recommend it :)

Have I told you how much I admire this man by the name of Barack Obama? I basically just admire eloquent speakers, and Obama is essentially the eloquent speaker of our time. His victory speech never ever fails to inspire and raise my spirits. I loved it more than his Inauguration speech, though that was good as well. Although, seeing him speak does make me a tad jealous. And sad. It makes me wonder, when will be the day that Malaysia sees somebody like that as our leader? When is it when Malaysia will be a matured, developed nation that can accept change? When will we practice true democracy? When is the time where we can cast our vote, and have it counted for what it is? When will there be hope for our nation? Where is that great man, whose humility, leadership, charisma, intelligence and wisdom, who will lead us to a better future, to greater heights? When will I have that same integrity and patriotism that I see in the eyes of the millions of Americans who was in that crowd the night Obama won the election? When will I be truly proud to be a Malaysian? Will the day come during my lifetime? Or shall I, for as long as I live, be reduced to watching CNN or YouTube videos about how other countries are progressing day by day, how its people's voices are being heard, how leaders act, think and speak with their people's true intentions at heart?

When will I be able to stand tall and say - "I'm Malaysian. I love my country. We practice true democracy, we're corruption-free, we are given freedom of speech, our leaders are answerable to their people, every child is given equal opportunities to receive the best education, our streets are clean, our people have high standards of living, and none, no matter race or religion, is left behind. I am proud to be Malaysian."

If I won't be able to in my lifetime, then please God, let my children live to bear witness to that day.

I'll leave you with this video of Obama's victory speech. Watch it many times if you must, but watch it, so that you will realize how far away our country truly is. How much more we need to progress. Watch it so you'll know that despite how much the Government has indoctrinated into our minds, we are actually nowhere. Watch it so you'll know why we are nowhere. And watch it, so you know what we've been missing all this while, so you know what our "leaders" have deprived us from. This amazing man says it all. And he says it well, too.

No comments: