Monday, April 20, 2009

Assessment, What?

So.

The SC called on Saturday saying that I've been shortlisted from the interview the other day and I've been asked to come again this Wednesday, the 22nd, for an "assessment".

Its great news, but what the hell does "assessment" mean? Is it some scary exam? An IQ test? Another interview? They wouldn't tell me, too. They just said "dress well, be there by 8.30". Boleh tak.

That being said, I know that I really want this. I hope everything goes well. :)


Unfortunately, there are also other things on my mind besides this assessment thingy. And I have to say its more complicated. Waaayy more complicated. I don't know what to do. I really don't. Hmmm.

On another matter, it really is starting to piss me off when people stare at me as if I've just landed from Mars when I tell them I plan on doing Law. They'll go "Tapi mak kan doctor, rugi laa kalau awak ambik Law", or "Orang pandai macam awak nak ambik Law?? Ambiklah benda lain.."

What the hell is that about? Does that mean that Law is only for stupid people? Or just because my mom is a doctor, its like confirmed in my DNA that I will follow in her footsteps? Oh, wake up Malaysians. Medicine is not the only career path available. Besides, believe it or not, my mom is glad that I'm not joining the stampede of people wanting to take medic in this country. She's glad that I know what I want and not merely following the herd.

No offense to those taking medic, I'm just frustrated at the mentality of some Malaysians. Don't they know that in truly developed countries like America, you can take up any course (and in some cases, multiple courses) in university that you like and still make a career out of it. There are people there who specialize in Glaciology, Astrophysics, Cultural Anthropology, Entomology, and heck, even Tolkienology. If you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, Google it. Or look it up in Wikipedia. Open up your minds. Believe it or not, there is a world out there.

That is the mark of a truly developed nation. A land of opportunity. A land where its people can pursue their dreams yet still earn a decent living for themselves. A land where the taxpayers' money is spent in the right way, for the well-being of the people, and for the eternal quest for knowledge and progress.

You're still very far off, Malaysia. I'm just sorry.

2 comments:

Zara Affifah said...

Ouh, betapa offended nye aku.
;(

Aira Nur Ariana said...

alaaahai kau. gedik ahh. HAHA