Thursday, December 4, 2008

All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone


I just started watching One Tree Hill reruns again, since I have some season 4 episodes in this computer and I realized how much I miss the show. Its the only tv show that I follow religiously, season after season, and I'm proud to say I've seen every single episode from season 1 up to season 5. Currently downloading season 6 but I have no idea why the stupid Ares is taking so long. Sigh. But I have to say that One Tree Hill was the best when the gang was still in high school, that is, up to season 4. Season 5 was great too of course, its just..the high school seasons were better, I think. Maybe because I could relate to them more. Or maybe because they were more meaningful.

There are many reasons why I love One Tree Hill. I tried following other shows, like Gossip Girl, but none strikes me like how One Tree Hill does. OTH has meaning..I particularly love the quotes in the show, usually done as voice overs by my favourite character, Lucas Scott. And Lucas..if anyone asked me what my definition of a perfect guy is..I'll say, Lucas Scott from One Tree Hill. He's tall, gorgeous, sensitive, nice, athletic, and he loves literature! I mean, where else can you find a guy who's a jock and loves literature at the same time? The way he looks at Peyton sometimes..its like..you can melt in his gaze. Seriously. And he really loves his mom. I like guys who love their moms. And I love the fact that he and Haley can be so close yet still remain best friends, never anything more. Isn't he absolutely perfect? I guess that's why he only exists in a tv show. Sigh.

I also find OTH relatable and more down-to-earth compared to other tv shows. Shows like 90210, Gossip Girl and The O.C. are cool, I admit, but they're just too...glossy for me. Everybody's rich, they live in mansions and everybody wears Prada and Chanel and carries Coach handbags, I mean, my life surely isn't like that. Don't get me wrong, I do drool over Blair's outfits in Gossip Girl, but it does get too much at times. I prefer looking at Brooke's outfits in OTH. They're gorgeous, and they look more affordable. Haha. And not to mention Sophia Bush is gorgeous too.

Luqman told me they're airing season 5 on 8TV right now. I've seen the whole season, but still, its One Tree Hill. Nothing wrong with reruns. Huhu. I love the show to death, always will =)

“Tree Hill is just a place somewhere in the world. Maybe it's a lot like your world, maybe it's nothing like it. But if you look closer, you might see someone like you. Someone trying to find their way. Someone trying to find their place. Someone trying to find their self. Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who's struggling, who's frustrated, or unsatisfied, or barely getting by. But that feeling's a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes. Someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.”

— Lucas Eugene Scott

No comments: